Water is life: this element is fundamental to all living things on earth. It has several vital functions on our body, as flushing toxins out of vital organs, carrying nutrients to cells, and regulating body temperature. And it’s not all, according to science, our body is composed of 73% of water, and that’s why is important keeping it hydrated during the whole day. Humans being can survive without any food for 30-40 days as long as they are hydrated, but without any water the chance of survival decreases to only 03-04 days.
However, many people have struggles to drink enough water, because for them, it tastes kind of boring, and instead of trying overcoming it, they choose sodas, artificial fruits or alcohol. These products, as sodas and artificial fruits, have a shocking amount of sugar, which can lead to weight gain, high blood pressure, fatigue, and even sleep disorders. The side effects of alcohol are also not far behind: brain damage, loss of muscle, heart disease, stomach ulcers. Not nice, right? It’s time to put these toxic filled drinks aside!
I bring you an alternative to overcome that issue: FLAVORED WATER! This is a tasty way to keep you hydrated all day long, and to flush harmful toxins out of your body. Not to mention the fact this is healthy, refreshing, and nutritional! You can have all benefits bellow by simple adding to your water herbs, spices, edible flowers, stepping fruits, and even vegetables.
ARE YOU READY? LET’S GET IT ON!
First, listen to your body! It is speaking with you all the time. Discomfort, pain, swelling are signals to you! It keeps you alive 24 hours, protecting you against harmful viruses while you are sleeping peacefully. Don’t you think that your body deserves all your love and respect? Learn to listen and understand the signs sent. Follow your intuition to pick the ingredients up of your flavored water, or any other recipe. Everything that comes from nature has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, so there will be only good choices!
herbs: mint – basil – chamomile – cilantro – dill – green tea – hibiscus – peppermint tea – rosemary – thyme – stevia – lavender – basil – black tea – fennel – sage
- fruits: apple – blackberries – blueberries – grapefruit – grapes – honeydew – lemon – lime – mandarin orange – mango – orange – pineapple – pomegranate – raspberry – star fruit – strawberry – watermelon- kiwi – apples – pineapple
- spices: ginger – cinnamon stick – black pepper
- vegetables: cucumber – jalapeño peppers – lemongrass- celery – carrots – peppers
HOW TO MAKE FLAVORED WATER
- All you need is a large glass jar with lids, or jugs of water, and fruits, veggies, herbs and spices. Be sure the glass jar is well washed before using it – you can also sterilize it with boiling water.
- Fill the glass jar with water, and add any combination of fruits, veggies, herbs, spices from your choice.
- Let this sit overnight in the fridge to allow the flavors to infuse.
MY FAVORITES COMBINATIONS!
I absolutely love these mix! These flavored waters increase metabolism, stimulate circulation; eliminate toxins and purify the blood! Good, heh? Also prevent colds and flu, and promote weight loss! What are you waiting to start drinking it?!
1- GINGER, LIME AND MINT
2- WATERMELON AND MINT
3 – STRAWBERRY AND KIWI
4 – CINNAMON AND APPLE
5 – BLUEBERRY AND ORANGE
I hope you feel inspired reading it! Don’t forget to share with me your ideas.
Many hugs! <3